How it all began

Ralph and I have been together since the summer of 2008 but it all began in 1992. Ralph's sister, Colleen and I have been best friends since 6th grade and we grew up at each other's houses throughout the years. Ralph was always around but being the younger brother was forbidden to be around us (not that he wanted to make up dances with us). We said hi during high school and when I needed a jersey to wear to school on Fridays, Ralph was nice enough to let me wear his. He visited Kent State while I was there once to look at the football team and campus but decided against attending. He joined the Marine Corps and we spoke through emails every now and then just to see how the other was doing. Life went on and our paths finally crossed again in 2008 when Colleen invited me to their families yearly 4th of July party. Ralph was home on leave from Iraq and I just moved back to Cincinnati. This time when we saw each other things seemed a little different and the rest is history. In December 2011 we were engaged, July 2012 we were married, April 2013 we bought our first house and March 2014 we had our first child, Braxten! Each year has been more blessed than the last and we are so excited to see where our future takes us!

Monday, July 7, 2014

July 5th Family Fun!

 What a great day!!! I woke up a happy boy but got impatient waiting for all of the fun at the pool. I cried most of the morning until we got to Mamaw and Popo's house! I fell asleep on the way there and took a short 20 minute nap before wanting to eat. I hung out with Aunt Colleen, Uncle Nate, Zoe, Cooper, Colin, Missi, Pop, Uncle Branden, Amanda, Kathleen, Wes, Donna, Maureen and of course Mamaw and Popo. Paul and Erin came a bit later so I got to meet a few more people! I would not nap inside there because I would rather be in my swing outside with everyone. Mommy and Daddy introduced me to the pool too! I loved it after getting used to it. I rode in a little boat and then fell asleep on Mommy, that water is so relaxing! We played all day and then Daddy and Wes set off some fireworks. I wasn't afraid but something went wrong with one of the fireworks and it ended up shooting towards the crowd and the house - everyone ran for cover but no one got hit! It left for a funny story that we will continue to talk about for years!
Daddy and Me

                               Rocky                                                 Mommy and Me

 Jack
Kathleen and Cooper
              










                     

                       Missi's Jello - Yum!

                           I love Aunt Colleen
My parents love me!

                                                    Kathleen, Cooper and Zoe



No comments:

Post a Comment