How it all began

Ralph and I have been together since the summer of 2008 but it all began in 1992. Ralph's sister, Colleen and I have been best friends since 6th grade and we grew up at each other's houses throughout the years. Ralph was always around but being the younger brother was forbidden to be around us (not that he wanted to make up dances with us). We said hi during high school and when I needed a jersey to wear to school on Fridays, Ralph was nice enough to let me wear his. He visited Kent State while I was there once to look at the football team and campus but decided against attending. He joined the Marine Corps and we spoke through emails every now and then just to see how the other was doing. Life went on and our paths finally crossed again in 2008 when Colleen invited me to their families yearly 4th of July party. Ralph was home on leave from Iraq and I just moved back to Cincinnati. This time when we saw each other things seemed a little different and the rest is history. In December 2011 we were engaged, July 2012 we were married, April 2013 we bought our first house and March 2014 we had our first child, Braxten! Each year has been more blessed than the last and we are so excited to see where our future takes us!

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Braxten is 15 months old!


B is 15 months old!
These two pictures sum up the last month of our lives with Braxten perfectly. 
I am always on the move and has been super grumpy and whiny for the past few weeks. I guess that is a normal phase per the doctor as I had my last check up (including 3 shots in my arms that I was not a fan of). Here are a few more facts about his last month...
  • I am 21lbs 12oz
  • I am 30.5 inches tall
  • My hair is still blond and getting a little thicker with a few curls in the back - my parents probably need to get it cut again
  • I am walking everywhere without too much difficulty but I have not figured out how to stand in the middle of the room yet. I crawl super fast to something stable and stand there first. My arms are at my sides now and I can carry a few things at a time as I walk. I really like when I think Rocky is chasing me so I run to Mom or Dad for safety and I laugh really hard but when I turn around he really was just walking somewhere else. It is still funny though and I do it multiple times for fun.
  • I have begun to bring my parents toys that I want them to play with normally as I just stare and smile at them but it works.
  • I have crying and whining fits multiple times a day and it is just normal for my age so my parents are trying to stay patient and not pull their hair out. Mom thought it was teething or an ear infection but the doctor said no. I think she was a little disappointed that it wasn't fixable, they just have to live it out :)
  • My sleep schedule has been off lately but Mom tries to keep me as rested as possible. Somedays she isn't sure what she should be doing but we just keep moving on.
  • I love to be outside even though it is tougher these days since Kane and I are not on the same schedule most days. And it is really hot out in the middle of the day so mornings are when we try to walk. 
  • I played in my splashed and liked it so I hope we get to do that more. 
  • I still only have 7 teeth but I really think more should be coming anytime!
  • Rocky gets the most hugs and kisses throughout the day and I continue to bother him constantly.
  • My favorite book right now is my touch and feel one and Brown Bear Brown Bear!
Mom and Dad tell me they love me all day long and I smile, laugh and give kisses an hugs. I still don't really worry about my sister but I will give her kisses too when I feel like it. I am a sweet boy and super cute (so I am told of course), I am just having a rough few weeks that we all hope pass quickly. I am pretty tired of hearing the word NO.



1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are a little out of sorts these days. Happens to all of us sometimes. So, don't worry, you are still totally lovable!

    ReplyDelete